Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm thinking about you

I'm thinking about you like rain thinks about fallin and when it starts fallin you know that means Seattle's callin

I'm thinking about you like old Black Nugget Road thinks about dirt and bumps and whenever someone acted up, they had to walk the gravel humps.

I'm thinking about you like stress thinks about worrying, and worrying thinks about hurrying and how I never learned my lesson.  Which brings me to second guessing.  I'm thinking about you like tumors think about spreading.  Like mistakes think about mending.  Like wind thinks about roaring, and dreams think about forming.  Like barriers think about breaking, and minds think about awakening. 

I'm thinking about you like doctors think about curing, like mom thinks about learning
to write chapters without him.

I'm thinking about you like fall thinks about changing.  Like coaches think about pushing, like dad's should think about their kids childhoods.  Like kids think about keeping their eyes open so they can greet dad when he struggles to walk threw the door. 

I'm thinking about you like toes think about being in the sand.  Like families think about vacation.  Like vacation thinks about relaxing.  Like relaxing thinks about smiles and smiles think about happiness.  Like happiness thinks about forever. 

I'm thinking about you like clouds think about silver linings.  Like difficult times think about better days to come.

4 comments:

  1. "I'm thinking about you like tumors think about spreading. Like mistakes think about mending." has a lot of meaning in such simple sentances. very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the first line. it flows really well in one sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this, definitely one of my favorites. "i'm thinking about you like rain thinks about fallin, and when it starts falling you know that means seattles calling" i've never been there, but i want to.

    ReplyDelete