Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scars

Don't you hate when you need to be somewhere at a precise time and location and you're running behind on time?  And the person in front of you is driving soooo slow.  They even blinker when they change lanes.   To make it worse, you get lost.  After your incidence of road rage, you finally get to your destination.  But you're too late.

I don't know what is more frightening than getting lost.   Maybe you are lost and far from achieving a dream.  Maybe your best friend is lost and you are no longer apart of them.  And maybe you are lost because of distractions, and these distractions take the best version of you, and just get erased.


I have this scar on my left foot.  It's about two and a half inches long. Although it's not my biggest scar, it's the cooler story to tell people.  I got it from participating in a rodeo. Long story short... I attempted to pull the ribbon off of a calf and well... the calf wrecked my foot!

 I think there are scars that we all share.  And that is failure.  It cuts deep.  It eats at you and whispers to you that someday its pain will mark you.  Well, it marked me.  Those scars get me up in the morning, those scars keep me fighting.  Fighting for another chance to mend my weaknesses, so that I don't ever get lost from the dreams I have set out to accomplish while I'm here.  

Oh yeah, that person you were stuck behind in traffic was also late to their dream job.  We are all late to our dream jobs.  

7 comments:

  1. This is the first post I've read.

    I loved it. I like how you bounce around to a few different topics. But it all comes back. Great word. Great closing line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way good! I loved how you switched around which topic you were talking about. "Those scars get me up in the morning, those scars keep me fighting." So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this :)
    I kind of feel the same way sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It cuts deep. It eats at you and whispers to you that someday its pain will mark you."
    So deep and so real. Fantastic job. I loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oh yeah, that person you were stuck behind in traffic was also late to their dream job. We are all late to our dream jobs."
    That's an interesting thought, how we are all behind in our dreams. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a scar on my left foot too. I got it from stomping in puddles barefoot, turned out there was glass in one of the puddles.

    ReplyDelete