Friday, January 13, 2012

Paris


I came to Paris because I was curious.  Curious about the things people see while there, curious about the feelings attained, and how some people can see for miles and miles after they come back.  Like they actually took a useful vacation, and became a new version of themselves. 

On my first day, I got lost in the cryptic streets and the noises meander in my head. 
Paris was where I bought my first pen.  See I use to just write with pencil, making many mistakes and erasing them so not even I could see them later.  The pen made me confident, bold, invincible even.  Paris was where I learned simplicity.  But I knew that every morning, no matter where ever I roamed,  I would find myself at the end of the day.  What I had in mind for Paris was to learn and observe.  To be a student really.  But some days you just want to call in sick, because learning only sounds fun when it's your idea, not the teacher's. 
If you want to be noticed, you can.  If you want to fade in Paris, you can.   Paris had no boundaries or guidelines.  I hate feeling restricted, like there is a right way to do things.  And once I figured that out, wandering Paris was a dream achieved.

3 comments: